Launch: Application and Interviews
These are some of the qualities that Vital considers important in a Digital Leader:
- First DLs should have a passion for IT or media. DLs should be IT confident and moving towards OT competent.
- Social potential, the ability to work with others.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to their learning
- Responsible --- esafety
- Thick skinned ... 80% of above
- Show an ability to Moderate / Coach / Train
Here are some ideas on how students should apply to be Digital Leaders:
- Applications should ONLY be received digitally. This demonstrates a statement of interest. Examples have included a high level of creativity - as well as emails, blog posts and videos, ALICE animations, Pivot Stickman animations and a Wordle have been received.
- Publicise on VLE, website, email and through traditional means such as posters and form tutors.
- Leave it open: Digital application - of students choice.
Here are some tips about interviews:
- Interviews add prestige to the position and process and help foster the non-ICT qualities we are trying to develop.
- This will probably be most pupils’ first experience of an interview, so keep it brief - 5-10 minutes/about 3 questions
- Presentations are not necessary
- Suggested questions:
- What experience do you have that would make you a good Digital Leader?
- Tell me about an example of you using technology in your learning.
- How would the use of a netbook help you in class?
- What skills would you need to help coach a member of staff in using technology?
- Have you got a specialist skill in a particular piece of software or technology, what interests you especially about it?